Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Now paging...

Teeth 5 and 6 are scheduled to make an appearance any day now. They're sitting on either side of his two top teeth and they're driving him mad. Bang-his-face-into-the-floor-crazy.
Making him almost as crazy as me. Why the insanity you ask? Because my baby still doesn't say Mama. He'll say Dada, baboo (balloon), appem (apple), crak kur, ba nanm, and cak (cat). But not Mama. And it's not because I don't refer to myself in the third person. I do it all the time. So much so that it's often hard to stop once Adrian's in bed for the night.
What gives?
Do I not need a name? Am I merely one step closer to enlightenment now? Next objective: relinquish all worldly possessions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's time he justs calls you "Kara"! If that's the direction he'll rebel ( you've heard stories about these infant hoodlums!) and just call you mama!
A customer brought her x-mas card to show me today. She had her five year old daughter dressed in a fur coat and "striking a pose" under neath the caption read," I insist you fully enjoy this season of excess and frivolity. Ciao, baby!"
It was really cute and somehow sad....Last year showed their feet at the spa and wished you a soleful season....I am obviously working too much and away from home too many days...
Love you,
Nana