Sunday, November 26, 2006

5 things about Me.

As per Sarah's request, here are 5 things that the readership general may not know about me.

1. I am a Francophile. I love nearly all things French. I love French food--although it would have to be a frosty day in Hades before you'd catch me eating tete de veau. I have studied the French language off and on since I was 7...and I speak it like an eight year old with a mild stutter. I have been to Paris only once, but rank it among my top 5 favorite places. My favorite book? Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik.

2. I enjoy bad jokes. Not bad as in in poor taste, bad as in: What do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino? Elephino! (pronunciaton guide: Hell if I know!) The worse they are, the more they amuse me.

3. My dream is to travel to India, preferably on one of those Smithsonian journeys. Of course they cost around $6,000 USD, so it'll be a while before I've saved enough to do it. But one day!

4. If I won the lottery, I'd use the winnings to set up an arts center for underpriviledged kids. Art is one of the things that has been a mainstay in my life and a key element to coping with some really awful events. I believe in the theraputic effects of art and I think that every child should have the opportunity to express themselves, regardless of how much their school board budgets towards the art program.

5. I'm pregnant. And due in June. Surprise!

4 comments:

Debb said...

Congratulations!!!! Always exciting -

Anonymous said...

HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big, huge, ginormous (like my made up word?) fantastical congrats!!!!!! ::GLEE:: Another niece or nephew! ::dance of glee::

Nessa Happens said...

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/dreamtimenewfs/ZakaiBath111706c.jpg

fun blog said...

I can totally relate to the India thing...I love indian people! And the whole culture...Hinduism rules!