Friday, March 13, 2009

On to happier things

I just looked at the calendar this morning and saw that it was Friday the 13th.
And to that I say: enh. Just another of 52 Fridays in a calendar year.
I do like the number 13, though. 13 full moons in a year. 13 plates on a turtle's shell. It's one of those numbers that pops up & waves from nature every so often.

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 50 degrees! I can totally take the kids outside to play. Or rather, Adrian will play and I will try to keep Fiona from eating dirt by the shovelful. I was pretty sure she was supposed to have outgrown that by now, but as of last Friday she was still enjoying dirt as a part of the food pyramid.

And Sunday we will be hosting scouts! I am excited. It is always nice to be surrounded by people with whom you can just be yourself. It's been a while since I have had that in any quantity. Us grown-ups will be talking about upcoming projects, and the little ones will be hunting for eggs and burning off energy so they will sleep like rocks. (Hooray for sleepy rocks)

And Friday next is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING. (happy dance-happy dance)
I am excited because I am no great lover of Winter. The kids are excited b/c we can go outside to play more often and we're going to watch a tadpole grow into a frog. Aaron is excited b/c it'll be the first time I have shaved my legs since the first day of Winter.

No comments: