Thursday, April 26, 2012

April adventures

Hello hello!
I am experiencing a case of butt-sitting, so I thought I should make it productive butt-sitting. 
A few weekends ago, the weather was beautiful and we didn't have any plans on a Sunday so we went to the zoo!
The kids hammed it up.

And hammed it up some more.

Then we went into The Living Coast exhibit. It is pretty cool-it's indoors and set off the coast of South America. 


Look at the colors!

I had to resort to using my flash to get this guy. I'm sure I traumatized the lionfish in the background.

After The Living Coast, we went over to see the bears and the wolves. 

Everybody was napping.

Did I tell you about science fair?
Adrian and his "number one best friend" Chase made a volcano. At Chase's house. After the fair was over, we took home the volcano so that we could have an on-camera demonstration.

Oooh.

Aaron and Adrian prep the volcano.

In goes the vinegar...

And it looks like we need more baking soda...

Voila! Eruption!

Science is cool.

And now we are up to our eyeballs in Baseball--which Adrian doesn't enjoy as much as he thought he would. Two practices and two games a week are getting in the way of his "Lego time".
Sigh. 
Only 8 more weeks.


No comments: