Thursday, November 04, 2004

At six days old...

Adrian is six days old today.
Six whole days!
And in six days he has taught us that the greatest indignity is being naked. Any time he is remotely near a state of undress (bath time and diaper changes being the most common) he commences to screaming as though the sky IS falling and we, foolish mortals, had better do something about it now.
He has also taught us that just about any trauma can be fixed with a nice hot meal served pronto! Every time he settles down to feed, he raises his eyebrows and wrinkles his forehead as if to say " Hello breast, my old friend! Fancy meeting you here". And when he is done, he throws an arm over top and falls asleep.
And lastly, we've learned that potty humor is not just funny to toddlers. When he's filling his diapers, Adrian makes a face that says, with delight, "you will not believe what I just did in there!"
Of course that brings us full circle to the half-naked screaming diaper change. I'm sure he's wondering how long it will take us to learn that naked time is not fun time in the land of Adrian.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kara,

Tonia, Gene and I all enjoyed your recollection of Adrian's birth.

There's much to say. But not knowing where to begin, I'll start with saying "congratulations".

Now that I know a good contact for you, I'll keep in better touch with you and your family. Email me sometime: badair@CherokeeHeritage.org (funny...it looks like "bad air").

Love,
Becky Adair

P.S. - Texas sucks.

Anonymous said...

Osiyo Kara, I went by to visit Tonia last week and she asked if I had seen the birth announcement. I was so excited. I hope you and your family are doing well. It gets a little easier over time and at about 15 months it gets a little tough again. Agalisiga is into everthing!!!! Miss you and I hope we can visit sometime. Here's our email: ajila@email.com You all take care...Dawni