Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Update: Week 2 and 3 days.

Hello, Internet.
I am a tired, tired lady. I never knew that I could be so grateful for 3 consecutive hours of sleep.
You see when Adrian first came home, and I had the able assistance of my mother and my husband, he was on a schedule! A schedule that meant getting up only once in the middle of the night to eat.
Oh blessed schedule, where hast thou gone?
Now every day is different. Last night was the night of "every 2 hours I shall be fed, and it will take me an hour to doze off between feedings".
So today, we slept pretty much all day in between feedings that were 3 1/2 hours apart. Which means that tonight I should expect another wide awake baby.
wheeee!
I understand that he's growing and that his needs change on a regular basis. I know that there's nothing I can do but feed him when he's hungry.
But I'm only human, and as such I get frustrated when I can only sleep for an hour at a time...
That's when how cute he is overwhelms how unbelievably tired I am.

No comments: