Thursday, August 24, 2006

Not too old for it

I miss my Mommy.

There. I've said it. Now fling your crazy looks over my head like I can't see you.

She's not gone or on vacation or anything dramatic like that. No.
She has switched offices and they have yet to install her phone. It's not that I need to call her, but the very fact that I can't call her that is making me a bit twitchy. I am used to knowing that if I pick up and call her in the midde of the day she will answer.

Because sometimes you need another adult voice. Sometimes you need to call someone to complain about your day, or ask them exactly how did that recipe go, again?

In summation:
Kind sirs who employ my mother,
Please install a phone in her office posthaste.
I promise not to call more than twice a week.
Three times, tops.

Yours in Gratitude,
Kara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention that your Mom's employer is The Government. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

And I miss talking to her during the day, too.

Your Da

Anonymous said...

No phone 5 weeks and counting.