Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Because...I said so.


How-dee.
It's been almost a month since I said hi-do. And that means that very few of you know of the failure of project: family dog. Huge flaming failure. Which is a pity, because what a sweet dog! The main problems with the doggie arrangement were as follows:
1. Dog was an unexpected gift. (kind of like an unexpected pregnancy, but with more legs. And a tail.)
2. Adrian could not, would not follow the doggy rules. He really enjoyed getting the pup all riled up and then complained when the pup did puppy things, like pulling on clothing.
3. Aaron was quite ready to make my life more complicated than necessary by acting like an overgrown toddler in response to having a dog thrust upon us.

So what did we do? We returned the dog to the gifters and said find him a new home. Which they did in less than 8 hours. And now sweet puppy is pampered in a toddler-free home. I still miss his buggy eyes and sweet temper, but it's also nice not to have to repeat the rules OVER AND OVER AND OVER again to a 3 year old who doesn't want to hear or obey.

What else is new? Adrian has developed some kind of anxiety, which he copes with by chewing the back of his hands. If I knew what was making him anxious I could fix it, but I've only got suspicions, not concrete conclusions.
Fiona rolls! And sits! And shrieks--mostly at Adrian. She'll be 6 months on the 14th...and she's still a joyful bundle of baby. She's an excellent sleeper, never grumpy--even when she was producing more mucus than should be allowed by law. When that girl gets a cold she really over does it with the congestion.
And now we are awaiting giftmas. It'll be a veritable Bacchanal of toys for tiny people. I'm not sure how I feel about the tide of stuff...but I am grateful that so many people want to make this a wonderful time of year for the tiny ones.

No comments: