Thursday, June 23, 2011

6 days until Security Theater!

Six days until the mini humans & I board an airplane in Chicago and touch down in Washington, D.C.
I am STOKED. I love the East Coast. In a wholly non-sexual, but totally high-school-crush kind of a way. I have found that I naturally orient myself to large bodies of water (see? part bird), and the few years I spent living in Oklahoma I was known to get hopelessly lost DESPITE the fact that all the streets there run North-South and East-West. Being near the Potomac River and the Chesapeake Bay and oh yes The Atlantic Ocean makes me a happy girl deep in my bones. Also, it's hard not to geek out about a place that has a million and one different ethnicities and restaurants and super creative people who also happen to be friends of mine.

Also, I will get to visit the lovely Nessa and her new bairn.

The kids are split in their enthusiasm. Adrian LOVES travel and adventure (just don't ask him to try any new foods). Fiona craves routine and familiarity, but she does pretty well as long as Adrian is there. She keeps telling me she is NOT getting on an airplane. I plan to bribe her with foodstuffs and Sesame Street pod casts. (who knew monsters were so tech savvy?)

On Monday I had my MRI. Since it was for my breasts, I had to lay on my stomach for an hour with my boobs in a hole. It was really difficult not to laugh about the absurdity of the arrangement. Now I wait (more waiting--awesome) to hear from the surgeon and see what the next step is.

I have 4 days of work, a BBQ, watching some neighbor kids, and I am supposed to try & get into the city to see a friend who is there for a conference.

No comments: