Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Say What?

BE FOREWARNED: This is story includes the words "leaky breasts" and it may contain too much information for you. (You know who you are, you have been forewarned, don't come complaining to me if you don't like it)

In classic list-maker fashion, I have nearly compiled everything that I will need for our trip to have this baby...up to and including supplies for after the little guy joins us. In my efforts to be environmentally-friendly, I decided that washable breast pads would be best for leaky breasts. I found some online and had them shipped to me--and I was in no way prepared for what the packaging of these little gems was about lay on me. In addition to extolling the virtues of their product, they have a registered trademark slapped on that box...and it reads: Milk Diapers.
You can't make this stuff up, folks.
Milk. Diapers.
Now, I would think that a woman who is up to her elbows in her newborn's dirty diapers would not want to add anymore diapers to her daily regimen. I would also think that, after close contact with the content of baby's diapers, momma doesn't want that kind of association made with her breasts. I know that the combination of those two words is enough to give me the heebie-jeebies, so I can't imagine the test group that gave it the thumbs-up.
Milk Diapers.
What a world.

No comments: