Saturday, March 19, 2005

Happy Spring!

Here is a post of totally random thoughts! (Don't you feel lucky?)

We've been trying to get Adrian to fall asleep by himself in his bed. He hates it. I'm sure some of you are wondering why this is happening now and not, say, 4 months ago when he was first born. The answer...the honest answer is that I am lazy. When a baby wakes twice in the middle of the night to eat, it is soooo much easier to roll over and feed him rather than get up and go get him and feed him and then put him back to bed. Plus there's all that hoopla about constant contact helping baby to develop his own biorhythms and whatnot. But mostly, the cosleeping, it's because I'm lazy. So, yeah, he hates being put in his bed to fall asleep on his own. Screams at us--and if he had the vocabulary, I'm fairly certain we'd need to have a talk with him about his language. Now bed time and nap times are SO MUCH FUN! I simply can't contain myself! And really, the whole thing is my fault, so boy do I feel dumb. But do you know how snuggly newborn babies are? It's irresistible. I'm a snuggle addict. I need the snuggles--can't get enough of the lovely closeness and snuggly bits. You can ask Aaron--it drives him nuts. I've always been like this, though. I'm fairly certain it drove my parents nuts as well.
Speaking of parents (how was that for a segue?), this week they are visiting relatives in the south. (Hey y'all!) I was hoping to be able to go with and show off my husband and my baby, but Aaron's schedule just wouldn't allow for it. He hasn't yet signed out on leave, and therefore can't leave town; not to mention all of this interviewey stuff he has to do so that he can get a new job. So that we can leave Oklahoma.
And I'll have to say that when I was growing up, I never thought to myself "one day I'll live in Oklahoma"--but here I am. I did make plans with an elementary school friend to move to Florida and live in a condom*, but that never happened either. It's funny how life sort of drags you along behind it.
Spring! It's right around the corner, and usually I would be picking out which vegetables to plant and then watch wither in the 100+ degree heat. However, we will be moving before anything blooms or fruits so I guess maybe I'll just dream about the garden I could be ignoring. Complete with tomatoes that get eaten by obnoxious birds nesting in my neighbor's pear tree. Stupid birds.
Stupid Birds! (this post goes on forever, doesn't it?)
There are some stupid birds that have decided to renovate the front of our house. At least they sound like tiny contractors outside of our window every morning--if I didn't know better I'd swear they have hammers. I'm not sure what it is they are doing (other than being loud and torturing the cats), but they are punctual and obnoxious. I'm half tempted to put a rubber snake out there to scare them off.
That's all for now...

* We were 8. Condo, condom...it could happen to anybody.

P.S.-- I've created a new blog for all things arty in my life. If you're interested, you can find it here.

No comments: