Saturday, January 28, 2006

Mark your calendars.

This was the first truly god-awful, miserable day that I've spent with Adrian since he came into the world nearly 15 months ago. I knew that they were coming, I just didn't know how exhausting they'd be. I spent ALL of my energy today trying to keep my cool. And I am drained. Sapped. I have no energy for any of the projects I was going to attempt tonight: run a set of block prints in the studio; cook dinner; clean the bathroom; mop the kitchen floor; upload, edit and post pictures to web.
I realize that half of today's awfulness stems from the fact that Adrian's a little under the weather with giant boogers of doom, but the other half I cannot account for. I just spent 15 minutes cleaning baby poop out of the bath tub (how glamorous the life I lead, no?), plus another 10 scrubbing his urine out of the living room carpet. When he runs free, he pees freely.

So I'm off to throw a frozen pizza in the oven, knock back a glass of wine, and stare blankly at the television. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel up to regaling you with cute stories of the boy wonder, like how he says 'cheese' but pronounces it 'chiss' or how he squints in anticipation of the camera's flash.

No comments: