Friday, October 01, 2004

36 weeks!

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, in my efforts to be a good uterus for this baby. It was the 36 week check up, wherein you get tested for group B strep (for more info on that, go to a medical website), you get to pre-admit to labor & delivery (mmm, paperwork), and they check your cervix for the first time in 6 months.
And hooray!! My cervix is getting ready to spit this baby out into the world! Soon there will be no more wondering who's toes he's got, or if he has a cleft chin like his dad. Soon there will be tiny hands and feet to hold, instead of just watching them slide around under my skin.
But that also means that soon I'll be getting up in the middle of the night to feed and change him, instead of just going to the bathroom. And soon there will be another human that is dependent on us for survival.
Eeep!
It's an awe-inspiring thing....
But for right now, I'm completely focused on those little hands and feet.

No comments: