Friday, October 15, 2004

Useless!

I have come to the conclusion that it would be (to quote Martha) "a good thing" to visit the local farmer's market.
Woe unto me.
Did you know that the USDA has a website that lists farmer's markets by state? And even tells you when/where they will be? And gives you a contact number so you can get more information? (Love the lovely USDA!)
I, however, have failed to learn from my past experiences with Oklahoma bureaucracy. I was hoping that since I am in a new county that things might run better.
Woe unto me.
I was passed back and forth like a frisbee, with each new person declaring that they "don't really know anything about [the farmers market]".
I guess I'll just drive around to all possible locations tomorrow morning and hope that I find it. (wheeeeeee!!)

On a completely unrelated note, here's a list of things I should be doing instead of typity-typing away:

1. Cleaning the bathrooms...How is it that a toilet can develop a gross rust ring in a weeks' time? (didn't I just clean you, you stupid bathroom?!)
2. Calling that on-again-off-again friend who's decided to be on-again.
3. Tape up that box so I can mail it to Sarah, like I promised to in June. And July. And August. And September. At this point I may as well upgrade to a larger box and fill it with chocolates so that maybe she'll overlook the fact that I'm a terrible, forgetful person.
4. Coming up with something witty to leave on Nessa's answering machine tomorrow while she and Sandy are getting married. (CONGRATS YOU TWO!)
5. Cleaning up the remnants of my crafting frenzy from the living room, which have been sitting out for nearly a month now.
6. Finishing the art projects I started for the baby's room.

Six isn't so bad, is it?


No comments: