Thursday, October 07, 2004

Hooray!

Today has been a good day, present-wise. (I think I may have broken my desk, but that's another story for another time)
If someone had said to me, waay back in February when we were trying to make a baby, that the only reason that we were trying to have a baby was for the presents I would have been righteously indignant.
Now I'm thinking that having a baby is an excellent reason to get presents! I've received all kinds of stuff for our squirmy--and I have had the fun of opening the presents, and remarking on how cute the presents are. That's the best thing about presents for your baby--who cares if it's not something you'd pick out--YOU don't have to wear it. And it's all so cute and tiny!
Today was probably the mother lode, however. I received a box of stuff by mail from my sorority sisters (this is a bonus that they never mention before you join), and then there was the baby shower I attended which was hosted by the officer's wives coffee group. (My husband is in the Army, and therefore I am a moderately supportive officer's wife)
Oh! The cuteness, you would not believe!
All sorts of rompers and jammies and toys...toys that make noise (so we'll just see about those). It's hard to grasp that the squirming, kicking being in my uterus will one day be HERE and big enough to wear a size 12-18 pounds.
In the meantime I'll be washing and folding and writing thank-you cards...and discouraging my husband from trying to dress up the cats in baby clothes.
Hooray! Presents!

No comments: